AFIRE is a fellowship of international institutional real estate investors working to become better investors, leaders, and global citizens. The core activity of AFIRE is its meetings, held throughout the year around the world. AFIRE meetings are unique both in the caliber of people in the room and the quality of the discussion.
AFIRE is looking for a self-motivated and talented Communications Director to lead our internal and external communications efforts. This person will oversee the development, editing, and publishing of association related content online, through social media, and in reports.
The director will also develop and maintain a strong social media presence, manage internal and external blogs, manage an extensive digital image library, and assist the CEO with publication of the Quarterly Summit Journal, meeting agendas and reports from association meetings. The ideal candidate will be an excellent editor and technical writer as well.
The Communications Director will report directly to the CEO but will also work with a small group of fellow managers focused on meeting and membership management. Some travel will be required with approximately 6 trips per year, mostly domestic. We are looking for a positive, energetic, can-do person who enjoys working in a team but is self-directed. Director will be able to split time working from home and the office and located in either Chicago or Washington, DC.
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of association communication materials including social media, blogs, website, agendas, and communications to members
- Edit submissions for publication with AFIRE
- Write and/or edit reports from meetings throughout the year
- Direct design process with outside design firm for reports, agenda, and online work
- Direct research process for member surveys with outside organizations
- 5+ years of experience
- Editing experience
- Strong knowledge of social media marketing, mass e-mail and Internet based communication strategies Comfort with database marketing and CRM systems
- Proven experience creating thought leadership content
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Experience with Lightroom, Photoshop, InDesign, and WordPress desired
The communications director will be offered a competitive salary, performance bonus, and generous insurance benefits as well as time for vacations and personal time.
Please send a recent resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.