SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLES, RESEARCH, AND IDEAS TO THE NEXT ISSUE OF SUMMIT JOURNAL (FALL 2021)
AFIRE seeks future-focused thought leadership across finance, investing, real estate, ESG, technology, management, demography, economics, and more.
We want articles related to any aspect of commercial real estate that challenge conventional thinking or present new approaches to old ideas.
This is an open call without a specific theme, though we are especially interested in close-in looks at various industry sectors; emerging issues in ESG; climate change and risk; macroeconomics; demographics; affordable housing; and urbanization.
Submit your proposals with a simple outline, summary, or completed article to Ben van Loon, Editor-in-Chief, email@example.com.
The deadline for submitting proposals is 20 August 2021.
Proposals will be confirmed around 31 August 2021.
First drafts of around 1,500 words will be due by 17 September 2021.
The journal will be released in November 2021.
Our general submission and path to publication is as follows:
- Author(s) submit proposal, abstract, or partially completed draft
- Editors review, discuss, and provide feedback and/or approval
- Author(s) agree, sign copyright agreement, and commence writing
- Author(s) submit first draft (and graphics, charts, tables, and/or raw data)
- Editors review and provide feedback as needed
- Author(s) revise and resubmit as needed
- Editors finalize draft and provide fully designed article for final author approval
- Author(s) provide final proofreading, fact checking, and approvals
Summit articles must be written in English and are limited to a maximum length of 1,500 words. Citations and additional endnotes may also be included, with a maximum total length of 200 words.
Summit encourages the use of graphics, charts, and tables to illustrate submissions. The editors assume that the contributor owns the right to have the graphics reproduced. Such assets should be sent as separate, standalone files (not embedded within Word documents), and can be presented as EPS, TIFF, JPG, PNG, PSD, or AI files. When able, please also provide raw data.