In addition to being counted among a prestigious global community of more than 200 leading institutional investors in real estate, AFIRE members access and contribute to a premier pipeline of executive education, conferences, publishing opportunities, market analyses, and research collaborations that strengthen professional and organizational leadership, industry awareness, and better real estate investing practices.
Throughout the years AFIRE has hosted former presidents, prime ministers, professors, media personalities, research experts, and C-suite leaders to provide informative ideas and information to help each other become Better Investors, Better Leaders, and Better Global Citizens.
Recent sessions and speakers have included:
- Responsible Real Estate Investing Amidst the “Japanification” of Global Capital Markets
Shuji Tomikawa, Executive Officer, Mitsui Fudosan
- Authentic Leadership Workshop: Are You Courageous Enough to Make a Difference?
Thomas J. DeLong, Senior Fellow, Harvard Business School
- How Does Hudson Yards Redefine New York City?
Jeff Blau, CEO, Related Companies
- A Fundamental Shift in Urban Transportation and Its Impact on Real Estate
Don Hoang, Andrew Moeller, Uber
- Brexit, LIBOR, and the Future of Europe
Sigmar Gabriel, Vice-Chancellor of Germany (2013- 2018); Minister for Foreign Affairs (2017- 2018)
- Investing in US Innovation Centers: Building Long-Term Strategy
Roy March, CEO, Eastdil Secured
- An Inside View of the Global Business Climate
Betty W. Liu, News Anchor & Host, Bloomberg Television; Founder & CEO, Radiate
- Transportation and the Geopolitical Outlook
Ray LaHood, US Department of Transportation Secretary, (2009-2013); Member of Congress (1995-2009)
- and many more…