AFIRE’s virtual and in-person meetings and real estate events offer unique and exclusive access to in-depth market analyses, executive education, global experts and thought leaders, and networking with like-minded peers around the world.
Attendance at AFIRE events limited to AFIRE members and invited guests. All discussions are protected by the AFIRE House Rules.
Launched in early 2020, AFIRE Virtual Events provide a recurring digital format for AFIRE members to stay connected beyond in-person meetings. Themes focus on specialized and timely topics, as well as supporting ongoing education and research, all represented and advanced by AFIRE members.
AFIRE Virtual Events are recorded and made available for members only.
- Annual Membership Meeting
Held annually in September in the US, rotating every other year in Washington, DC, and other US cities. Past speakers have included leading policymakers and opinion leaders, such as George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Gordon Brown, Madeleine Albright, and Condoleezza Rice.
- European Conference
Held annually in June in a European city (past locations include Amsterdam, Cologne, London, Berlin, Barcelona, and Paris), with a focus on the unique challenges of operating a global investment platform.
- Winter Conference
Annual two-day meeting held in February in New York City, featuring special topics and educational sessions focused on various property types, cross-border investing, capital markets, and other critical topics.
- Summit Meetings
AFIRE Summit Meetings are smaller, interactive day-long meetings to discuss specialized topics, including leadership, technology, regulatory and tax issues, and more.
QUESTIONS ABOUT EVENTS?
- Institutional Members may send two delegates to attend any AFIRE meeting on a complimentary basis. A third delegate may attend but will be required to pay a registration fee.
- Associate and Supporting Members may send up to two delegates. They will both be required to pay the registration fees.
- Attendance at a meeting may not be split between delegates.
- If sponsoring a meeting, an Associate or Supporting Member may bring a maximum of four delegates to that meeting (complimentary).
- If sponsoring a meeting, an Institutional Member may bring a maximum of six delegates to that meeting (complimentary).
- Speakers may attend full meetings on a complimentary basis.
- Refunds are available for cancellations received by email 48 hours before the meeting starts. Substitutions may be made at any time. If you do not cancel and do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.