AFIRE is headquartered in Washington, DC, in the United States. Our website address is www.afire.org. Our members-only address is web.afire.org.
Third Party Websites
Copyright and Trademarks
- Alter or modify any part of the Website.
- Use the Website to post commercial solicitations.
- Impersonate another user or post content under another user’s account.
- Upload or post any information or communications that you do not have the right to disclose.
- Upload to the Website any content that contains computer viruses or other malicious computer code.
- Post any content that violates copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.
- Collect user e-mail or contact information for the purposes of sending solicitations or unsolicited commercial communications.
- Post any content or initiate communications that restrain trade or unfairly disadvantage competition, including discussion of fees, making agreements regarding the allocation of customers or markets, or discussing strategies intended to harm a competitor.
- Post content or initiate communications that are unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable, as well as post material that encourages conduct by others that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify ULI for all claims resulting from content you supply.
You agree to indemnify AFIRE, its officers, and employees, from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorneys’ fees), and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the Website, your violation of these terms and conditions, and any claim that content you provided caused damage to a third party.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
The Website is provided on an “as is,” “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, those of Merchantability, Fitness for a Particular Purpose or Non-Infringement, or any warranty arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice. User waives all claims against AFIRE and agrees that under no circumstances, including negligence, shall AFIRE or its officers, employees, or anyone else involved in creating or maintaining the websites be liable for any Direct, Indirect, Incidental, Special or Consequential Damages, or Lost Profits that result from the use or inability to use the Website and/or any Third Party Websites that are linked to the Website, including, but not limited to, reliance by a user on any information obtained via the Website; or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, viruses, errors, defects, or any failure of performance, communications failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access. In jurisdictions that do not allow some or all of the above limitations of liability, liability shall be limited to the greatest extent allowed by law.
This agreement between you and AFIRE will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to its conflict of law principles.